How about trying something new?
Whole Wheat Sugar Cookies Recipe
Cookies are an important part of any vacation. While vacations always welcome some unhealthy food choices, it is important to keep your food in check. These cookies are healthy since they are completely made up of Whole-wheat flour (Atta). The dough is easy to work with and the flavor is a right mixture of sweet and salty.
As far as the icing is concerned, some people prefer it transparent and others prefer it opaque. You can even add natural colors if you wish.
Let’s start baking delicious cookies.
Yield : 18-24
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Baking Time: 10 Minutes
Chilling Time: 4 Hours
- 1 ½ cups of whole-wheat flour (Atta)
- ¾ Tablespoon of Baking Powder.
- ¼ Teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of Butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 4-5 teaspoons of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons heavy cream
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degree Celsius.
- For Cookies, whisk together Atta (Wheat Flour), baking powder and salt. Make sure all the ingredients mix well.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and cream cheese in another bowl and stir it well using an electric mixer on high speed till it gets fluffy.
- Add egg and beat until well blended.
- Add vanilla extract; beat until well blended.
- Stir the entire mixture at low speed.
- Gradually add Atta mixture (Wheat Grains Grind Mixture) to the butter mixture and stir until it gets combined perfectly. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 4 hours.
- Line 2 Baking sheets with parchment paper and dust the work surface with flour.
- Roll chilled dough to ¼ inch thickness directly on the work surface.
- Use 2 or 3-inch cutter to cut the dough in your desired shape. Feel free to re-roll the scraps if necessary.
- Transfer the cookies 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Make sure to not overcook them. Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 Minutes.
- Cookies taste better when cooled and hence you should allow them to cool properly
- For icing, whisk together powdered sugar, heavy cream and lemon juice in a large bowl until its smooth. If the mixture is too thin, add a bit sugar. If it is too thick, add a bit of lemon juice.
- Transfer icing to a plastic bag with a hole at the bottom. Fill the outline of cookies with the desired design. Let’s wait until the icing is set.
- Cookies can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.