How about trying something new?
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Red Velvet Cupcakes are striking for their distinct colour and taste delicious when paired with a cream cheese frosting. These cupcakes have a deep velvety sponge with a moist crumb. Serve them for birthdays or parties and they’ll always be a hit!
Serves : 24 People
Cooking time : 20 Minutes
- 400 grams All Purpose Flour or Maida
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 300 grams Caster Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoons of Salt
- 190 ml Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 250 ml Buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Red Food Colouring
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 160 degree celcius.
- Prepare cupcake tins and line them with paper liners and set aside. This recipe makes 24 cup-cakes.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Combine together oil, eggs, buttermilk, red food colouring and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
- Slowly add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients while the mixer is on low speed and mix until just combined. Scrape the sides and mix again.
- Scoop mixture into prepared cupcake pan till about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes till the cup-cakes are done. Check around the 15 minutes mark by inserting a toothpick into the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are done.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool completely before frosting with cream cheese frosting.