How about trying something new?
Rava Uttapam is an easy alternative to dosa’s which take quite long to ferment. These are simple pancakes/ uttapam made with rava. They are quick, healthy and can be made nutritious with the addition of vegetables. Kid friendly and perfect for busy mothers!
Makes 9-10 Uttapams
Serves : 3-4 People
Cooking time : 20 Minutes
- 1 cup Rava
- 3/4 cup Curds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Chilli Paste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Water
- Salt to taste
- Grated and chopped vegetables for topping (carrots, onions, capsicum etc.)
- Oil/Ghee for cooking
- Mix together all the ingredients except vegetables and oil till no lumps are present. The consistency should be that of dosas. Add extra water by the teaspoon if necessary.
- Heat a tava or skillet and brush it with oil.
- Take a ladleful of batter and spread it out into a circle with a diameter of 6 inches. Sprinkle chopped vegetables on top and press down gently.
- Add a few drops of oil around the edges and in the centre. Cook till golden brown and flip.
- Cook for a few minutes on the other side as well. Remove from pan and serve with coconut chutney.