How about trying something new?
A crusty, Indian short bread cookie, Nankhatai is a tea time snack. Made of wheat flour, this savoury sweet cookie blends excellently with tea or coffee.
Serves : 25 People
Cooking time : 45 Minutes
- Wheat flour 800 gms
- Gram flour 300 gms
- Icing sugar
- Vegetable oil
Making the cookies :
- In a wok, mix ghee, oil and the icing sugar
- Fold in the wheat and gram flour along with the cardamom powder into a dough
- Make sure there are no lumps in the dough
- Roll the dough into small balls , patting them down lightly
- Place an Almond in the middle of the cookie
- Grease a baking tray with oil
- Lay out the dough balls on the tray
- Bake for 18 minutes at 180 degrees
- Once done let the cookies cool down before your shift the batch into a air tight container.