How about trying something new?
Chocolate Pound Cake
Chocolate pound cake is the perfect tea time cake. Moist, dense and with a deep chocolate flavour, it’s irresistible and the perfect cake to snack on. This cake is also great for kiddie lunch boxes and picnics. Serve it slightly warm with whipped cream and strawberries for a delicious treat.
Serves : 6-8 People
Cooking time : 20 Minutes
- 140 grams All Purpose Flour or Maida
- 55 grams unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 170 grams Butter, at room temperature
- 220 grams Sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant Coffee Powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup Milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degree celcius. Butter and line a 8.5×4.5″ loaf pan with parchment.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, whisking after each egg. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Whisk together milk and coffee powder.
- With the mixer on low, start by adding 1/3 of the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix till just combined. Add the milk mixture and mix. Repeat this till all the flour and milk mixture is combined. Always start and end with dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 50-60 minutes. Start checking around the 50 minute mark by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is baked.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool before slicing.