How about trying something new?
Atte ka Halwa
Atte ka halwa is a popular Indian dessert which is quick and really easy to make. While it’s an everyday Indian sweet, it’s also made during festivals and pujas. It has a nutty flavour and can be served both warm and cold. In Northern India, it’s popular during winters with hot pooris and aloo ki sabji.
Serves : 6 People
Cooking time : 25 Minutes
- 3/4 cup Clarified Butter or Ghee
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour or Atta
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water (approx)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Assorted Nuts
- Heat ghee in a large pan or kadhai.
- Add atta and roast on a low flame while stirring continuously till the atta turns a light golden brown and starts smelling nutty. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well. Pour in water and keep stirring continuously while the halwa cooks and most of the water gets absorbed.
- Mix in chopped nuts and top with extra nuts. Serve warm or cold, based on your preference.