How about trying something new?
Besan chillas are savoury gram flour pancakes that are very healthy. They are one of the quickest pancakes to make so that breakfast can be ready and on the table in under 20 minutes. Spiced with ginger and green chilies, they are best served with coriander chutney and ketchup.
Serves : 2 People
Cooking time : 20 Minutes
- 2 cups Besan
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Chili Paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chat Masala Powder
- A few sprigs of Coriander, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Water
- Ghee or Oil for cooking
- Mix together all the ingredients except ghee/oil till no lumps are there. The consistency of the batter should be thick, smooth and spreadable. Add extra water by the teaspoon if necessary.
- To make chilla’s, heat a nonstick tawa or skillet and brush with a little ghee.
- Take a ladleful of batter and spread it out in a circle.
- Add a few drops of ghee around the edges and in the centre.
- Cook on a low flame, and flip after 4-5 minutes once the base is golden brown. Cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes and remove.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the batter.