How about trying something new?
This one is a healthy recipe for this Diwali. Atta ladoos are super quick to make. Rich in ghee and abundant in cashew nuts, clarified butter or ghee lends this recipe its own well being enhancing properties. Cashew nuts, on the other hand, fill in the slot for minerals and vitamins. A delicious sweet like atta ladoo is relished by everyone. Originally a Punjabi speciality, this is a must during the winters in every Punjabi household. Make way for this recipe in your homes this Diwali. Let the goodness of well-being course through your family and friends with these healthy atta ladoos.
Serves: 20 pieces
Cooking time :10 minutes
- 2 cups of whole wheat atta
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Raisins and cashew nuts
Preparing the mixture for atta ladoo
- Before the process begins, grind the sugar to a fine powder
- Heat a thick bottomed wok or pan on low flame
- Pour in the whole wheat atta into the warm wok and start roasting it, stirring continuously
- Roast the atta till it is brown and emits an aroma
- Once the atta smells delicious, add ghee.
- With strong swipes ofthe spatula, fold the ghee into the roasted atta, while the stove is still on low flame.
- Once the ghee blends in, check to see if the atta still had an uncooked texture and taste to it
- If it is all good, then switch off the gas and wait for about 3 minutes
- Now pour in the powdered sugar and the raisins
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly
Making the ladoos
- While the ladoo mixture is still warm, scoop out a tablespoon of the mixture
- Start rolling the mixture into medium sized balls or ladoos
- If the atta does not hold well to form ladoos, add in some more ghee
- Press in half a cashew on each ladoo for that wholesome goodness
- Serve warm as a snack or store it for later in an air tight container